Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health (RQF)
This qualification will give you an understanding about the principles of healthy eating, and the role of food in maintaining health. It also covers how dietary requirements change throughout life and are different for a variety of individuals. This course can support learners who are currently working in, or intending to work in, sectors such as sport, fitness and hospitality.
Delivery of the course
As the course is online based, students have 12 months access to our online learning platform to study completely at their own pace. Learners will work through written assignments using our provided learning materials that can be accessed through our online learning platform. Furthermore, some aspects of this course will be assessed through a professional discussion with your qualified observer. The number of guided learning hours for this course is 126.
Who should do this course?
This course is the ideal award for learners who have no prior qualification but want to improve their knowledge and understanding about health and nutrition. A level 1 qualification may be helpful but is not necessary.
- Understanding the principles of healthy eating
- Understanding the different nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Understanding how to use food and nutrition to plan a healthy diet
- Understanding the principles of weight management
- Understanding eating disorders
- Understanding the principles of food safety in the home environment
- Must be qualified at Level 2 or equivalent in Maths and English
- Learners must be over 16 years old
We are an approved Training Qualifications UK Centre, meaning that we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. With over 400 Centres worldwide, TQUK provide qualifications that meet the needs of learners, working with us to attain the very best results.
WorldPro Academy features
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work are marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!