Level 3 Award in English for Literacy and Language Teaching (RQF)
The Level 3 Award in English for Literacy and Language Teaching is designed to help you develop the skills needed for the teaching of literacy and language, exploring the varied aspects of speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Delivery of the course
As the course is online-based, students have 12 months access to our online learning platform to study completely at their own pace. Learners will work through written essays and a worksheet using our provided learning materials that can be accessed through our online learning platform. There are also observations carried out as part of the assessment for this course, you will need to be able to deliver lessons to a minimum of 3 learners to meet the criteria. The guided learning hours for this qualification are 60 hours and most students are certified within 3 months; however, you do have the full 12 months to complete the course.
Who should do this course?
This course is the ideal award for those learners who wish to develop their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills, with a view to applying their skills in the teaching of literacy, language and/or functional skills. If you are applying for QTLS and you teach maths or English (numeracy, GCSE, Functional Skills or ESOL) in either the FE and skills sector or in schools you are required to hold at least a Level 3 (i.e. ‘A’ Level) in maths and English. This qualification will provide you with the required level to teach in these environments.
- Analysing English Language for Literacy and Language Teaching.
- Reading Skills for Literacy and Language Teaching.
- Speaking and Listening Skills for Literacy and Language Teaching.
- Writing Skills for Literacy and Language Teaching.
- Good reading & writing skills in English.
- Willingness to complete the course and better your understanding.
We are an approved Training Qualifications UK Centre, meaning that we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. With over 400 Centres worldwide, TQUK provide qualifications that meet the needs of learners, working with us to attain the very best results.
WorldPro Academy features
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work are marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
Here at WorldProAcademy we offer a wide range of online courses. To view our full course selection follow the link below. If you have an enquiry please fill out a contact form and a member of a sales team will be in touch shortly.