Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care (RQF)
The purpose of the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and is to develop the knowledge and skills required by managers and leaders within the sector. Achieving the qualification will allow learners to innovate and respond to a changing environment and to meet challenges and opportunities within health and social care.
Delivery of the course
As the course is online based, students have 12 months access to our online learning platform to study completely at their own pace. Learners will work through written essays using our provided learning materials that can be accessed through our online learning platform. Moreover, there are a number of requirements which must be met via workplace observation. The guided learning hours for this qualification are 586 hours and most students are certified within 6-9 months; however, you do have the full 12 months to complete the course.
Who should do this course?
Students looking to work within healthcare settings and job roles, such as:
- Adult nurse.
- Care home manager.
- Care worker.
- Children’s nurse.
- Health service manager.
Successful learners can progress to further qualifications within the social care sector.
All learners who enrol upon this course will need to complete these mandatory units. These units are standard to every learner, regardless of their pathway choice. These units will help the learner:
- Use and develop systems that promote communication
- Promote professional development
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop health and safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Undertake a research project within service for health and social care or children and young people
When a learner enrols on the course, they will also have to choose a pathway that is most applicable to their working environment. The pathways we offer are:
Pathway B – Children and young people residential
This course is ideal for learners who work with children and young people in a residential environment (such as a care home). This course will teach learners how to manage a team, safeguarding children and young people, and how to assess an individual in a health and social care setting.
Pathway E – Adult residential
This course is ideal for learners who work with adult learners in a residential environment (such as an elderly care home). This course will teach learners how to manage a team, protecting vulnerable adults and managing group living for adults.
Pathway F – Adult non-residential
This course is ideal for learners who work with adults in a non-residential environment (such as a day care service). This course will teach learners how to manage a team, lead active support and develop procedures and practice to respond to concerns and complaints.
The qualification is suitable for learners of 19 years of age and above.
There are no specific entry requirements; however, learners must be in a voluntary or paid role within the sector.
We are an approved Training Qualifications UK Centre, meaning that we can offer approved qualifications through this OFQUAL-regulated, fully-accredited awarding body. With over 400 Centres worldwide, TQUK provide qualifications that meet the needs of learners, working with us to attain the very best results.
WorldPro Academy features
- Unlimited tutor support – You will receive live personal tutor support throughout the duration of your course. Your highly-qualified tutor will be available from Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and telephone.
- Rapid marking response – Submissions of work are marked within 3 working days to ensure that you progress through your course as efficiently as possible.
- No deadlines – We do not impose any deadlines on our courses; you can complete the qualification entirely at your own pace throughout the duration of the course.
- Accredited certification – You will receive your accredited certificate and unit transcript free of charge from our approved awarding body at no extra cost!
Here at WorldProAcademy we offer a wide range of online courses. To view our full course selection follow the link below. If you have an enquiry please fill out a contact form and a member of a sales team will be in touch shortly.