Become a qualified teacher in a specialist area using our fantastic range of Courses:
Our ‘Specialist Education and Training’ courses cover a range of subjects and types of teaching so we can help as many people as possible achieve their dreams of working as a teacher. To help choose the ideal course, use our guide to every “Specialist Education and Training” course below:
- Level 3 Award in English for Literacy and Language Teaching (RQF) – This qualification specialises in teaching English to students. This qualification is especially useful for learners who would like to apply for a QTLS status after completing a Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training and teach either Mathematics or English. The course will help develop the speaking, listening, reading and writing aspects to teaching English literacy.
- Level 3 Award in Mathematics for Numeracy Teaching (RQF) – The course specialises in teaching numeracy to students. Alike to the Level 3 Award in English for Literacy Teaching, this qualification is useful for learners who want to apply for the QTLS status and require a level 3 in mathematics. This course will help learners learn where mathematics can be applied to other subjects and how to handle certain mathematical problems.
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (RQF) – This course is ideal for learners who do not wish to become a teacher, but a teaching assistant instead. Teaching assistants can either help assist the main teacher or they can work with smaller groups of learners.
- Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants (RQF) – This course expands upon the role of a teaching assistant. Learners who are currently in a teaching assistant role should consider this course if they wish to expand their knowledge and improve their practice.
- Level 5 Specialist Diplomas in Teaching (RQF) – These courses specialise in either mathematics, literacy, or literacy and ESOL. These courses should be completed by students who wish to teach any of the previously mentioned subjects and have no prior teaching qualification. Students must have a Level 3 or equivalent in the subject they wish to teach.
- Level 5 Standalone Diplomas in Teaching (RQF) – The Level 5 Standalones are additional qualifications that can be used with a full teaching qualification. The standalones we include are: mathematics, literacy, and literacy with ESOL. Students who wish to teach one of these subjects and have a teaching qualification should complete this course.